These are the rules: Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
1. When I rub my eyes, they sometimes do this strange squeaking noise(!)
2. I am kinda OCD about certain things. For example, I have to check to see that the coffee machine is off several times, I check the front door to make sure I have locked it several times, and sometimes I like to make sure that I have closed the garage door when I am in a hurry to get to work in the morning! If someone calls and doesn't leave a message and the number on the caller id obviously isn't a telemarketer, I sometimes will call the number to see who it is! I can't stand wondering who it is and why they may have called. Now that's weird!
3. I don't like to go shopping at the mall. I like to go in, get what I need, and get out! Conversely, if I am at a bookstore, or music store, I could probably stay for like a day in there! Especially if the bookstore has comfy couches or chairs, and the music store has those music sampler machines!
4. While many people simply enjoy the hell out of painting rooms or a room in their house, I don't. I don't find it relaxing or satisfying, and it never fails that I get some paint on someplace it shouldn't be! I would rather pay someone to paint!
5. My wife and I have one child, a son. Our son has autism. He has what could be called high-functioning autism or aspbergers, but he is on the spectrum. He has come a long way from where he was when he was 2-3 years old. We are very very lucky! He is a great kid who, when most people see him and talk to him, would not be able to tell right away that he is on the autism spectrum. I credit great therapists and teachers who have worked with him over the years. It didn't hurt that I am a special education teacher and my wife works in the public schools also! We are so proud of him! He's in a general education 1st grade now!
6. I really enjoy playing guitar-electric and acoustic. Lately I have been obsessed with watching guitar clips on YouTube, learning songs or solos! I have an old (1975) Les Paul and a Japanese steel string. I would like to get a "classical" guitar also, because finger-style is what I started our learning/playing.
7. I semi-secretly (I've told my wife-she probably would concur!) wish that I was completely hairless, save for the hair on my head!
There you have it 7 Random and/or Weird things about me.
Now these people are tagged:
4. Jay's World
5. Monkey Muck
7. Anne Altman.